Adela was determined to figure out how to make meals delicious again. Thanks to FEI and the monthly box of safe foods, it’s easy to create new family favorites, like lemon pasta and chicken.
Adela’s Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 Chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 cup Flour gluten-free
- 8 oz Mushrooms fresh
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Lemons juiced
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 1/2 cup Milk dairy-free, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Ghee (the ghee Adela buys is lactose, casein, gluten, and sodium free)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Egg yolks (carefully separate eggs and do not use the egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cup Sour cream or cream cheese dairy-free
- 2 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese dairy-free
- 12 oz Pasta gluten-free
- Prepare the pasta according to directions on box.
Prepare the chicken
- Slice each chicken breast into halves. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and 2 tbsp milk and put into a bowl.
- Put flour into a second bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg yolk mixture and then into the flour. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry chicken in the hot oil until the coating is browned and the chicken is done.
Prepare the sauce
- Melt the ghee and add the garlic, stirring often so the garlic does not burn.
- Add 2 tbsp flour and cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Add remaining milk and sour cream (or cream cheese), cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and keep stirring.
- Add mushrooms and spinach – stir until combined and vegetables are cooked.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Combine the sauce and pasta. Slice the chicken into strips and serve with pasta. Serve with salad for a tasty, healthy family dinner.