By Abigail Murray
Summer is the best time to eat fresh ingredients. That’s why we are recommending this Fajita Taco Salad recipe. If you have some vegetables ready to harvest already, or have found some at the local farmers market, this is the perfect chance to add them in!
Fajita Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 medium Bell peppers
- 1 red Onion
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Tortilla chips crushed
- 1 lb Ground beef (or grilled chicken)
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Limes
- Mince garlic and chop cilantro leaves. Then add garlic, cilantro, and olive oil to a small bowl. Squeeze lime juice into the bowl, then add salt and pepper. Stir. Set aside.
- Dice tomato and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers and onions into strips, then saute in a 12 inch skillet with about 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then, place in a small bowl off to the side.
- In the same pan, place ground beef (or chicken) and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until you can no longer see any pink and it is cooked thoroughly. Drain meat, then add taco seasoning and water per directions on the packet.
- Get 4 bowls or plates for salad and place 1.5 cups of lettuce in each one. Then, divide up and add tomato, ground beef, peppers, onions, and cheese to each one. Top with crushed tortilla chips and the cilantro lime dressing.
- OPTIONAL: Can add avocado or salsa for more flavor. Salsa could also replace the cilantro lime dressing.