#ForTheHealth – Changing Institutions
Thank you for joining this year’s closing webinar, For The Health: Institutional Change. Even though we were a month later than originally scheduled, we hope you were still able to join us and that you were able to learn as much as we did! This month, we spoke with leaders in the food allergy industry and asked some vital questions about the past, present, and future of the industry.
Thank you to our moderator and participants for another fruitful conversation, jam-packed with important information.
Karen Palmer, Professional Coach
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Food as Medicine in the treatment of food allergy @ 2:50
- for food allergies, and other illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease
- how does health insurance fit in? @ 25:16
- FEI’s big announcement @ 6:31
- the evolution of FEI and what is in-store for the future
- FARE’s Food Allergy Consumer journey study @ 10:24
- what it is like to shop for someone who has food allergies
- Standardized Food Labels @ 13:41
- School Lunch Programs @ 16:36
- how 88 Acres is getting involved
- how to make allergen-free food appealing for the pickiest eaters (children)
- Diagnosis of Food Allergies in the ER @ 34:58
- how are food allergy families being supported in the emergency medical setting?
- support in terms of various social determinants of health (mentally, financially, etc.)
- Does Medical Research represent diversity? @ 44:03
- how to make it more inclusive @ 47:05
- Investing in community @ 51:19
- hiring local employees, basing wage on living requirements according to zip codes, etc.
- Creating partnerships with industry and underserved communities @ 58:23
- how to make sure the changes are what the community needs/wants
- Educating others about food allergies @ 1:04:56
How can you personally support the work?
Make a commitment to food allergy organizations who are working hard in the communities.
Amplify and support the work of black entrepreneurs in the food allergy community. Use the hashtag #ForTheHealth to help spread the word.
If you have questions or want to help join forces contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for joining us through this series. We are excited about the future and are grateful for the amazing community we are a part of.
The Food Equality Initiative Team