Gluten-Free Vegan Macadamia Nut Brownies
You ever wake up craving brownies? Well, that's exactly what happened when I created this recipe! I was having a very hard time trying to find a recipe that fit all my dietary restrictions, so I created this one. This brownie is moist, rich, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup Sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Flour (all purpose, classic blend, etc.)
- 1 cup Anthony's cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- pinch Salt
- 1 cup Vegan buttermilk (mixture of 1 lime and 1 cup soy milk, curdled for 10 minutes)
- 3/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Unsalted macadamia nuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line your choice of baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together both types of flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the buttermilk and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the oil as well.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and some of your crushed macadamia nuts.
- Cover the batter and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Spread your batter onto your baking tray evenly.
- Sprinkle some more macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake until done (approximately 40-45 minutes).
- Take out and cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!