Granola -- The Healthy Snack!
Packaged granola often contains common allergens and looks more complicated than it is. But you can make granola at home with whatever healthy morsels you want!
- 4 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or nutmeg, allspice)
- 1/2 cup Oil (your choosing)
- 1/2 cup Syrup (maple, honey, agave)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional Additions (1 1/2 cup total of the following)
- Dried Fruit
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary) and mix with cinnamon.
- If you can/want, add in raw nuts or seeds of your choice -- feel free to use multiple types of nuts/seeds if those are in your diet.
- Pour on oil and syrup and add the vanilla extract. Mix until the oats are completely covered.
- Pour the oat mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper in an even layer. Bake in the oven about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let it cool (10-30 minutes; the cooler it is, the less gooey the next step will be, but personally I like my granola gooey and can get impatient!).
- Top with the toppings of your choice - dried fruit, berries, and/or chocolate chips. Enjoy!