By Abigail Murray
Zucchini is the squash that keeps on giving! Have you found yourself with an abundance of zucchini this fall? So have we. Try out this recipe for lemon zucchini with potatoes. Hopefully that will help you take out some of your stash!
Lemon Zucchini With Potatoes
- 1 Zucchini
- 4-6 Whole Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest from fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, dice the potatoes into small chunks (bite-sized pieces). Slice and halve the zucchini. Zest lemons and set aside.
- Once water is boiling, carefully add potatoes and boil for approximately 10 minutes. Add zucchini and boil covered for another 5 minutes or until both potatoes and zucchini are fork tender.
- Drain water and add olive oil, seasonings, and lemon zest.
- Optional: Squeeze juice from lemon for additional flavor.