Nothing screams “Fall” like Pumpkin and warm soup by the fireplace. Adapted from Thug Kitchen’s Vegan Pumpkin Chili recipe, this recipe is adapted to be gluten free & allergy friendly thanks to our board president, Alicia Poole!
The recipe below is Vegan, Gluten Free and Free-From top allergens (minus the optional tamari, which contains soy) but always check labels on the products you use! We paired ours with Every Body Eat‘s GF & Allergy-Friendly snack thins, but you can top it with anything from cilantro to fresh avocado.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- 1 Yellow onion chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno minced
- 2 tsp Tamari optional, contains soy
- 2 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 can Diced tomatoes Low-salt
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin puree
- 2 cups Chicken or vegetable stock of choice Simple Truth is Free-From Allergens & Gluten
- 3 cups Cooked beans of choice
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- Toppings of Choice Cilantro, chopped onion, jalapenos, avocado or tortilla strips
- Chop up the onion, carrot, and bell pepper.
- In a big soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chopped veggies & sauté until they begin to brown. Add the jalapeno, tamari, garlic, & spices and cook altogether for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans, and pumpkin puree and stir so everything is mixed well. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat & stir in fresh lime juice. Serve right away with your favorite toppings!