This week we ended up with a ton of bananas at my house, so I decided to do some experimenting with cookie recipes. I took some to work and got plenty of feedback from my coworkers. My version is gluten free and dairy free.
Quinoa Banana Cookies
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour
- 2 Bananas ripe & mashed
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the quinoa as stated on package.
- Mash bananas. Mix in eggs, salt, and cinnamon.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add it and flour to the banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in 1 inch balls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from foodpleasureandhealth.com
Notes from family (and coworkers):
For this recipe, I made mostly chocolate chip cookies, but I also made a smaller batch of raisin cookies.
These cookies were a mixed bag. My mom tried them first, and while she liked the taste, she wasn’t crazy about the soft texture. My dad agreed that the texture was a little strange for him, but liked the taste.
On the other hand, my coworkers loved these cookies and would gladly eat them again. A few said these cookies reminded them of banana bread.