This is actually a recipe I tried a few months ago and my family loved it so much I wanted to share. I’ve made it a couple times a little differently each time. These burgers are delicious, and very simple to make, plus they don’t contain a lot of common food allergens! Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
- 16 oz Skinless salmon
- 1/2 Red onion minced
- 1 Tbsp Dill or Parsley freshly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Horseradish* (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Cut the salmon into small cubes and place in a food processor or blender, blending only for a short time.
- Add the onion, dill, horseradish, honey, salt, and black pepper to the salmon, and blend again just until combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 balls, and flatten them down with the palm of your hand to form patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the patties in the frying pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Serve on a gluten free bun or in a lettuce wrap.
Recipe adapted from: https://tasty.co/recipe/easy-zesty-salmon-burgers
- To make this recipe more affordable, I subbed the fresh salmon for 1 12 oz can of salmon. However, if you can, using fresh salmon is really your best bet as it sticks together better.
- I used dijon mustard instead of horseradish. I also ended up adding more than the recipe called for (about 1.5-2 tbsp) because the recipe seemed very dry.
- I used parsley instead of dill.
- I did not use the honey.
- I added a splash of lemon juice.
I noticed the burgers were a little crumbly, but I still proceeded to fry them lightly in a greased pan. (I used cooking spray but you could use oil or margarine.) Unfortunately, these burgers did not flip too well, and needed to be pushed back together a few times.
Notes from my family:
Everyone noted that they did not stick together very well, however the flavor was good. My mom noted that these seemed a tad salty, which I think was caused by the extra mustard I added.