Vegan Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough
This vegan bread pudding is made from scratch with under 10 ingredients, a super simple recipe to follow, and is perfect for breakfast or dessert. It's also gluten-free and made with cinnamon raisin sourdough bread from Bread Srsly. Serve this Vegan Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough warm with a dollop of coconut whip or brown sugar glaze for a delicious treat that your family will never guess is egg and dairy-free.
- 1 loaf Gluten-free, vegan cinnamon raisin sourdough bread
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3 cups Non-dairy milk, full-fat (coconut, almond, soy, or oat milk)
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed or flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Prep your fresh bread (if you are using stale, day-old bread, skip this step). Cut fresh bread into cubes, place on baking sheet for 15 minutes at 250° F. Set dry bread aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° F.
- In a blender, combine all other ingredients and pulse until mixed well.
- Pour mixture over dried bread and allow to sit for at least one hour.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into a 8 x 11 baking dish. Bake for 60 minutes. If not fully cooked, add an additional 10 minutes to the baking time.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
The dark color of this bread pudding is due to the choice of bread used. The cinnamon raisin sourdough is lightly sweetened with date syrup which causes the bread to be dark. You will want to ensure that your bread is fully submerged in the liquid when baking. This will ensure that the top of the pudding doesn't cook faster than the rest.